November 1, 2008

Update On What's Happening

Well, yesterday we had the inspector out to see this new house. There are quite a lot of little things that need to be fixed on the house. We already knew that we would need to replace the window, but we thought that we could do that later on down the road. If everything when well, we were going to re-carpet and paint the upstairs bedrooms before moving in. My parents were going to finish the basement with a bedroom and a bathroom where they would be living. It turns out that some of the sinks in the bathroom are going to need to be replaced and that the window have condensation in them and are rotted, so they are going to need to be placed right away. We have a counter-offer into the seller and we are waiting to see what the owner has to say. We are hoping that they will help us with some of the repairs or that he will drop the price, so we would have money to fix up the house (if we decide to buy it). We will have to hire out for most of this work because we won't have the time. It has been hard not to get discouraged about this happening to every house we have looked at. I know that God will lead us to the right house, but I am so ready to get into a house. Please pray for patience on our part and that God's will will be done for finding the perfect house. I will post more later when I know more.

1 comment:

  1. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten frustrated when things just didn't "go".I guess we are where God wants us to be at the time.
    You'll get the house, or "a" house when the time is right. My cousin bought a house that was very cheap and thought he was getting a bargain because it needed fixing. Turns out he spent more on the repairs than if he just bought a house for more $$.
    But again, that depends on the amount of the repairs.

    I just can't believe you guys have that much snow so early in the year. I never really knew too much about Colorado until you moved there, but now I look at the weather there also when I'm on line.

    Talk soon
    mary ann

    ReplyDelete

We are excited to hear from you. God bless.