February 9, 2009

Homemade Baby Wipes

I have been trying to think of different ways to help save money. When I was visiting a friend, she gave me this recipe for homemade baby wipes. It was actually out of a book called," The Tightward Gazette." I started to make my own baby wipes and I love them. I love the fact that they are SO easy to make, smell good, and work better and than other wipe. They also help save alot of money:). Here is the recipe:

-1 roll of Bounty paper towels or microwave paper towels
-2 1/4 cups water
-2 Tbsp baby shampoo or baby bath
-1 Tbsp baby oil

Cut the roll of paper towels in half and remove the cardboard center. Mix the water, shampoo or bath, and oil in plastic container (such as an old baby wipe container). Place half a roll in a container, put the lid on and turn upside down to let the towels thoroughly soak. When ready to use pull the towels from the center of the roll.

You can adjust it to best fit your needs. I live in a drier environment and I use 2 Tbsps of baby oil. I also use old protein containers. When I get ready to mix the water, shampoo, and oil, I put them all in a measuring cup then pour it over the paper towels (which I had already put in the container). I also use purified water. The nice thing about this is if you have the time, you can cut the paper towels ahead of time for the next time you need to make wipes. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I hope you enjoy making these!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good idea! Can you post picture of what your baby wipes and containers look like because I am not sure if I understand what the end product looks like or if I would do it right.

    ReplyDelete

We are excited to hear from you. God bless.