January 14, 2009

Update On Us

We are all doing fine and as usual keeping very busy. It has been hard to go and do things because of the snow. It snows every once in awhile and does not last very long, but I sure don't like to take them out if I can help it. The shop is going good, but we could still use your prayers. It seems like they get more and more people coming through. Joshua is trying to make it over to the violin side and we have had some people stop and buy things from the shop. I am trying to go over twice a week and help set things up and enter in bills. I miss not being in there with Joshua, but I am in a season where I can't. I just decided that I would be able to go there and help out for a few hours because the boys were old enough. My mom and sister watch the boys, so I can work without alot of interruption. The boys are doing good and growing. It amazes me that Paul is going to be 2 on the 27th of this month and that Peter is going to be 9 months on the 15th. I can't believe that I am going to be a mom of a 2 year old. My parents are going out of town for their anniversary on Tuesday thur Wednesday. Its a small trip, but it will be worth it. I know that it is early, but when you have your grandson's birthday two days before your anniversary and your daughters birthday on the same day, it makes it hard to celebrate it. I am running low on energy lately. I think it is my thyroid, but it sure makes it tough on taking care of the boys. I have been exercising lately and when I come up (after 20 mins), I feel terrible and can't hardly take care of the boys. I think it is also because Peter is teething and still does not sleep through the night. If we put him to bed at 8:00 pm, then he gets up at 6:30 or 6:45 am. Who needs sleep anyways :). My sister has been real helpful to see that I sleep in in the mornings or get a nap. I love my kids and I love being a mom. God bless you all, today and always.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Amy, I am sad to see that your energy is dropping. That is exactly what happened to me after I had both the kids so close. It just kept getting worse and worse until I couldn't even get up some days no matter how hard I tried. One doctor told me I had Anxiety depression. I don't mean to give advice that you probably already have but it was my B vitamins. I take them but it wasn't enough. I started taking B12 drops under my tongue and after a few weeks I feel more energy than normal. I had my thyroid and iron checked before too (which I would do again). If you want I can send you some drops to try. I think having kids depletes us of this essential vitamin. Good luck,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny - a mom of a 2 year old. I can't believe I'm a mom of a 27 year old!!!!!

    One way you could get a little exercise AND take care of the kids is to make the kids your exercise. I used to entertain Logan by laying on my back and doing my leg lifts. He had fun and I worked out. If the weather was better you could be doing your long walks. Are you still able to do that with all the snow?

    Just keep plugging in there. Give it a year and Joshua will be doing more of hisviolin shop again.

    take care
    love always
    mary ann

    ReplyDelete

We are excited to hear from you. God bless.