January 29, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mommy!

Okay, this feels really weird writing about your own birthday. Today I turned 24. Since Paul's birthday is so close to mine, I felt like we should celebrate Paul's birthday and just spend time as a family for mine. I have been getting presents the last couple of days (we usually get too excited to wait). I feel very blessed being able to spend another year with my family. This morning I got up with Peter so Joshua could sleep in. We had another hard night with Peter waking up every hour because of teething. My parents and sister bought special plates and napkins for my birthday and made me my favorite cake. My dad was going to make waffles for breakfast. After Joshua came down, my mom lit the candles and they all sang "happy birthday" because my mom did not want to miss out on it (they were going to be at the shop). I even got to eat the cake. Paul and Peter liked it too! It was great being able to spend time together as a family. Joshua came home today after the boys naps and we spent some time together as a family. We ended up running a few errands,then my sister called and said that Joshua and I could drop off the kids for a little while. Joshua took me to one of my favorite stores: Michael's. I love going there and getting craft ideas. Then we picked up the boys and went home. We did not do anything more exciting except eat dinner and put the boys to bed. I had a wonderful birthday and felt very blessed.






2 comments:

  1. Amy,
    I hope you had an extra special day with your
    family as you celebrated your day! I know you
    are blessed with a wonderful husband, 2 healthy
    children and a family that loves you very much.
    What else is needed?
    Miss you,
    Love, The Buchanan Bunch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Happy Birthday Girl. Can't remember all your guys's birthdays. 24 huh. Almost a quarter of a century old.

    mary ann

    ReplyDelete

We are excited to hear from you. God bless.